All of our instructors have been vaccinated:
ALL FAMILIES & STUDENTS including SUMMER STUDENTS will also adhere to all info on this page
These are extraordinary times and Health and Safety are our Priority at HWSD. PLEASE SCROLL FULL PAGE TO SEE ALL HWSD POLICIES. The Hamilton Wenham School of Dance continues to be in direct communication with the Board of Health of Hamilton/Wenham to be be sure we are doing our very best to follow current updates of the MDPH/CDC Covid 19 Regulations that are listed here in addition to our own HWSD POLICIES. Due to varied public/private school policies regarding covid, We DO NOT follow School Policies. As a private business HWSD follows local BOH policies and we may be more stringent but not less than what is MDPH & CDC required. We express our deep gratitude in your support of keeping HWSD open during these times. In registering/attending, you and /or your student for any of our Programs provided by HWSD, you are accepting and adhering to and in compliance with all of the following listed on this page: The Hamilton Wenham School of Dance or any of its instructors will not be held liable for personal illness/injuries or damage to personal property while a child is a student participating in activities at or pertaining to the studio. It is the responsibility of any person registering to inform HWSD of any limitations or circumstances which may prevent any student’s full participation in class. HWSD will not be held liable should any child/student fall ill. Should HWSD be required to close down due to State Covid Regulations, HWSD will provide Credit only towards any future classes/programs at the time of reopening/returning as well as full access to classes provided by internet/video. Scroll down for all info on Covid Regulations: Attendance: Enrollment: Recital Obligations: Weather and ALL other UPDATED 2021-2022 POLICIES
These Requirements from our BOH/MDPH/CDC Regulations apply to our 2021-2022 TEN MONTH SCHOOL YEAR ANNUAL DANCE PROGRAM from SEPTEMBER TO JUNE and all SUMMER workshops and classes: We will work with our local BOH to keep regulations updated for our NEW upcoming Sept. 2021-June 2022 Season. Windows are open during classes and AC will also be used.
PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION/REQUIREMENTS UPDATED LISTED HERE for SUMMER PROGRAMS for 2021 until we are notified otherwise. THESE SAME REQUIREMENTS MAY CARRY INTO SEPT. 2021 unless we are otherwise notified by Board of Health and MDPH mandates.
*INFORMATION SENT FROM THE HW BOARD OF HEALTH we will adhere to: The Studio may have students who wish to attend who aren’t vaccinated so the following information is our recommendations will apply to all HWSD participants. Outdoors is not really a risk, but indoors, risks of transmission increases. In addition to the COVID strain we have all dealt with, there is a NEW variant, the DELTA VARIANT, which is more contagious and can make people really sick if they are not vaccinated.
Continue to keep windows open, air ventilating, keep people 6 ft apart as able, WEAR MASKS FOR STUDENTS WHO ARE NOT VACCINATED INCLUDING CHILDREN UNDER AGE 12. If they/parents choose to show you proof of FULL vaccination, then they have the CHOICE of wearing a mask or not. If they choose not to show proof or have decided not to be vaccinated, then they must continue to wear a mask when inside the studio. Should anyone be notified by their school or otherwise of exposure and or contracting the virus, clear COVID test results must be submitted in order to return to the studio. All Instructors will continue to wear masks.
- Anyone entering the building must be FEVER free for 72 hours without medication & COUGH free. This includes 100 degrees or higher, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, chills, shaking, difficulty breathing, shortness of breathe, sore throat, loss of taste/smell, head/body aches or other symptoms In addition must not attend classes if a family member has a fever within that time frame.
2. Teachers will structure the classes so that the students never reach full cardio exertion, pace the class in a creative innovative way to make breathing effortless in a mask. water breaks with student’s water bottles. All teachers will be wearing masks at all times.
3. Creative Movement to GRADE 2 students in & out of the building. Please drop off all students at the outside door to the building. Adults are encouraged to wait with younger children outside the door to the building entrance until a student helper and or instructor will be there to guide the children inside for classes and again for dismissal. If you are late, please bring your child (K-Gr. 2) upstairs. NEW Students who are not familiar with our studio will be able to see the space your student will be in. Older students grade 3 and up may enter and go straight upstairs.
4. Please be as prompt as possible for drop off & pickup at the door from the parking lot. We are allowing time between each class for arrival/dismissal and cleaning.
5. All high traffic areas will be cleaned regularly
6. The WAITING room shared by Artcie and HWSD is mandated to remain closed for use: Drop off only & pick up outside only
7. NO changing in the bathrooms. Bathrooms will be locked and a key will be provided by the instructors for emergency use. Please have students go to the bathroom at home prior to arriving.
8. Dressing Rooms are required to be closed by state: Students should arrive already dressed for Classes. HWSD does sell jackets, workout pants and dance bags. Any jackets or cover ups to leotards may be hung in the hall on the spaced hooks provided
9. Hair must be done at home ie: Ballet Buns: Please wear a bun to school that day should you have dance day to save time. HWSD sells Bun Bags for hair $20.
10. Students will remove street shoes and placed under hooks in hallway. All dance shoes are to be brought into the studio and put on inside the studio. Do not put dance shoes on in the hallway.
11. Please wash your hands and use the bathroom at home if possible before entering the building. If you have personal labelled hand sanitizer, please bring it with you in your dance bag. We have a TOUCH FREE hand sanitizer Students will use before entering the studio.
12. Labelled water bottles should be brought to class as there will be no cups for sink water.
13. The Barres are marked 6.5 ft. apart and Center Floor Decals are marked 7.5ft. apart for social distance.
14. All barres & touched surfaces will be wiped down in between every class.
15. The studio will be thoroughly cleaned in between classes and nightly.
16. The bathrooms will be in use for emergency only and cleaning materials will be available for older students to wipe down after use and cleaned throughout the day
17. All upstairs windows will remain open for ventilation right now per request of BOH Chair of Hamilton even with AC/Heat on. PLEASE bring DANCE SWEATERS to class
Welcome to The Hamilton Wenham School of Dance: Our Annual School year 10 month program runs from September to June with a year end performance for our performing classes. Since 1991, HWSD has offered quality dance programs for age 3 – Grade 12. Adult programs are also available. The HWSD student base draws from 8+ towns and surrounding areas from public, private schools as well as home school students. It takes many hours of preparation to create our schedule. Each year our program and schedule is subject to change in days and times. We have the HWSD Schedule up in early to mid-summer for the future season so that families will be aware of the commitment to the dance classes students are enrolled in for upcoming school year.
HWSD is an ANNUAL School Year 10 Month Program where all classes begin in September and run the full school year. Dance is a PROGRESSIVE ART. Class attendance is essential for technique skills to progress safely and correctly and for the class to have continuity and consistency to progress as an ensemble. Fairness to the entire group is of utmost importance. The majority of our students enroll in September and continue thru to performance time in June. We do prorate some students in who may discover our program after we begin, new to the area, new to dance or an existing student who may want to add a genre. There may be enrollment requirements for late enrollment (see below) Class is also our “rehearsal” time as we begin to prepare for performance. From return of February break on our classes combine our technique learning portion of class along with choreography/prep time for the performance pieces.
Please contact the studio and email us at [email protected] should a student have to miss class due to illness or mandatory school/ family commitment. Students are allowed to do “make-ups” within ONE MONTH of the original absence for ILLNESS, INJURY, MANDATORY FAMILY and/or SCHOOL/or GRADED REQUIRED COMMITMENTS & SNOW DAYS in the grade level lower: or teacher approved class: or another genre (appropriate level)
Make ups due to illness/injury must be made up within one month of absence. Please *NOTE: Other “activities” Sports, Drama, Clubs, other lessons are NOT considered mandatory commitments. PLEASE DO NOT DOUBLE BOOK or overlap times for your student on dance class day. For fairness to all, students will not be allowed to consistently arrive late, leave early, miss class, or do makeups as a replacement for unexcused absences/double booking. Thank you
LATE ENROLLMENT POLICIES
Creative Movement Students can be prorated enrollment closes April 12
GRADE K – GRADE 2: All classes begin the week of Sept. 7, 2021: (note: Registration closes Jan. 15 ) There will be a registration fee of $30 for any registration after classes begin in September. Should a Late enrolled student in for Kindergarten thru Grade 2 need extra instruction, HWSD may require privates to catch them up to class. This is at the instructors discretion.
GRADE 3 – GRADE 12: All classes begin the week of Sept. 7, 2021: NEW Students enrolling after the month September until Oct. 31 are required to do the following to be able to enroll in their grade level/appropriate classes:
- Take four 45 minute privates subject to teacher availability or take four classes in a lower level to keep up with technique if offered
GRADE 3 – GRADE 12: For NEW students enrolling after October 31 until registration closes January 15 who are NEW to HWSD or are current students adding and or changing genres are required to do the following:
- Take a series of six 45 minute privates subject to teacher availability and discretion, while at the same time be enrolled and attend the grade/level of the ensemble class the student is entering: The student may require more depending on progression of ability.
- $45 for $45 minute privates: See REGISTRATION page for more info regarding semi privates
- Students NEW to HWSD POINTE Program is by audition and placement only
RECITAL OBLIGATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
All students must attend DRESS REHEARSAL Your child’s attendance at Dress Rehearsal is essential to the fairness of the entire class rehearsal. Students are counting on each other as it is their only rehearsal time. NOTICES will be sent by EMAIL in late April/early May regarding Recital Information: It will also be listed on a drop down on our SCHEDULES page
All Payment to HWSD are by CHECK made payable to The Hamilton Wenham School of Dance. * Online payments are available on our Registration Page. We need a signed Registration Form from all families. No refunds are given except in cases of withdrawal from a class after three weeks from the start of the classes in September. Refunds or any Credit towards classes will be given in case of long term injury, illness with note of Doctor. NOTE: HWSD reserves the right to dissolve a class if it does not meet class size criteria of a minimum of four students and has to be cancelled, a refund will be made. If class registration is too small, classes may be merged if levels are appropriate. As stated above on this page, should HWSD be required to close down at any time due to COVID, credit only be issued towards any and all programs at HWSD once allowed to re open again. All class payments and costume fees must be paid in full in order to receive costumes and perform in recital. Costumes are non-returnable and non-refundable.
ILLNESS/INJURY & LIABILITY
Please notify Director Donna J. Viau if a student has any physical and/or other limitations that may prevent them from fully participating in class. Students must be FEVER free without meds for 72 hours in order to return to classes. A Doctor’s note is required stating the student is safe to return to class if a student is out under a doctor’s care or more or that of an injury. The Hamilton Wenham School of Dance and/or instructors are not liable for personal injury in any way, loss/damage to personal property to any students/visitors or persons on the premises of HWSD
WEATHER & Other Closing information
THE HAMILTON WENHAM SCHOOL OF DANCE DOES NOT FOLLOW THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS IN REGARDS TO WEATHER or certain Holiday closures. We are an independent private business and weather in each town varies. In regards to weather, you will be notified regarding classes by email. There will be updated messages on our Facebook page stating classes are underway. I will try my best for Families to also receive an email stating any changes “hopefully” by 2:00. Students are allowed to do a makeup for a class missed due to weather or illness by trying another genre approved by the Director or being notified by the director what classes are available in the missed genre. ALL makeups due to weather or illness must be done prior to Feb. Break. We do not close for school meetings or elections when school buildings are in use. Check Calendar Page for other dates pertaining to HWSD
Photos/Videos of student dance from Hamilton Wenham School of Dance may be used for internet, promotional/advertising purposes only ie. Facebook and Web page. No names will be listed. Please notify HWSD Director otherwise.