These are extraordinary times and Health and Safety are our Priority at HWSD. We are excited to be able to offer dance classes at the studio again and have been in direct communication with the Board of Health of Hamilton/Wenham to be be sure we are doing our very best to follow CDC Covid 19 Regulations that are listed here in addition to our own HWSD POLICIES. We express our deep gratitude in your support of keeping HWSD open during these times. In registering/attending, you and /or your student for any of our Programs provided by HWSD, you are accepting and adhering to and in compliance with all of the following listed on this page: The Hamilton Wenham School of Dance or any of its instructors will not be held liable for personal injuries or damage to personal property while a child is a student participating in activities at or pertaining to the studio. It is the responsibility of any person registering to inform HWSD of any limitations or circumstances which may prevent any student’s full participation in class. These are unprecedented times. In registering, families and students will adhere to and comply with ALL Policies listed on the website in accordance with the CDC requirements and those for The Hamilton Wenham School of Dance. Failure to do so may result in dismissal w/o refund as HWSD must prioritze the safety of ALL students. HWSD will not be held liable should any child/student fall ill. Should HWSD be required to close down due to State Covid Regulations, HWSD will provide Credit only towards any future classes/programs at the time of reopening/returning as well as full access to classes provided by internet/video. All our families will have access to our private YOUTUBE channel where they can still view all Dance classes/videos from last spring and in addition we will be adding to that throughout our season so students may stay involved in dance at home as well as try various genres of dance. We are a private business and are not required to follow any public or private school regulations. Scroll down for all info on Attendance: Enrollment: Recital Obligations: Weather and ALL other UPDATED 2020-2021 POLICIES * NOTE Our LATE Registration Fee of $30 is waived in our NEW 2020-2021 Dance Season due to the extraordinary circumstances
These Requirements/CDC Regulations apply to our NEW 2020-2021 TEN MONTH SCHOOL YEAR ANNUAL DANCE PROGRAM from SEPTEMBER TO JUNE : Creative Movement 7 students. Kindergarten-Grade 2 Ballet: 8 students. Grade 3 and older are allowed 9 students per class plus the instructor makes 10:
* Please NOTE if you travel out of state by plane: bus: car: had out of town guests or people you do not live with in your own home: participated in any large indoor gatherings of people you do not live with or more than 10 persons: been notified that you have had possible exposure: a family member or yourself have contracted COVID: Please ADHERE to the OPTIONS here, Thank you.
7 Days of Strict Quarantine: Criteria for Release on Day 8 if: A test taken on Day 5 or later is negative AND the individual has not experienced symptoms up to that point AND the individual continues active monitoring up to Day 14.
10 Days of Strict Quarantine: Criteria for Release on Day 11 if: The individual has not experienced any symptoms up to that point AND the individual conducts active monitoring through Day 14, no test is necessary under this option.
14 Days of Strict Quarantine: Criteria for Release on Day 15 if: the individual has experienced ANY symptoms during the quarantine period EVEN if they have a negative test OR the individual for whatever reason will not conduct active monitoring.
* Protocol for QUARANTINE: * Do not leave home other than for emergency health care: Self isolate if you live alone. Wear a mask at all times in home or leaving dwelling for emergency care. Try to only have one/same person attend to you (only if needed and must live with you) Maintain 6 or more feet apart from anyone at this time.
PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION/REQUIREMENTS UPDATED LISTED HERE in DECEMBER 2020 taking us into 2021 for the remainder of our School Year Program
- Anyone entering the building must be FEVER free for 72 hours without medication & COUGH free. This includes 100 degrees or higher, chills, shaking. In addition must not attend classes if a family member has a fever within that time frame.
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breathe
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Headache with combination of other symptoms.
- Muscle and Body Aches
- Nausea, Vomiting or Diarrhea
- Fatigue with other symptoms
- Nasal congestion or runny nose (not due to known causes such as allergies) when combined with other symptoms
- According to Massachusetts standards, students/parents will enter and exit HWSD wearing masks. Students must have a mask in class at this time. Teachers will structure the classes so that the students never reach full cardio exertion, pace the class in a creative innovative way to make breathing effortless in a mask. water breaks with student’s water bottles. All teachers will be wearing masks at all times.
- HWSD will follow CDC regulations/requirements which includes MASK wearing state regulations.
- Creative Movement to Ballet II in & out of the building. Please drop off all students at the outside door to the building. Adults are encouraged to wait with younger children outside the door to the building entrance until a student helper and or instructor will be there to guide the children inside for classes and again for dismissal. If you are late, please bring your child (K-Gr. 2) upstairs. NEW Students who are not familiar with our studio will be able to see the space your student will be in. Older students grade 3 and up may enter and go straight upstairs.
- Please be as prompt as possible for drop off & pickup at the door from the parking lot. We are allowing 15 minutes between each class for arrival/dismissal and cleaning.
- Please try to avoid the banister if possible but we will be cleaning it throughout the day, as all high traffic areas will be cleaned regularly
- The WAITING room shared by Artcie and HWSD is mandated to remain closed for use: Drop off only & pick up outside only
- NO changing in the bathrooms. Bathrooms will be locked and a key will be provided by the instructors for emergency use. Please have students go to the bathroom at home prior to arriving.
- Dressing Rooms are required to be closed by state: Students should arrive already dressed for Classes. HWSD does sell jackets, workout pants and dance bags. Any jackets or cover ups to leotards may be hung in the hall on the spaced hooks provided
- Hair must be done at home ie: Ballet Buns: Please wear a bun to school that day should you have dance day to save time. HWSD sells Bun Bags for hair $20.
- Students will remove street shoes and placed under hooks in hallway. All dance shoes are to be brought into the studio and put on inside the studio. Do not put dance shoes on in the hallway.
- Please wash your hands and use the bathroom at home if possible before entering the building. If you have personal labelled hand sanitizer, please bring it with you in your dance bag. We have a TOUCH FREE hand sanitizer Students will use before entering the studio.
- Labelled water bottles should be brought to class as there will be no cups for sink water.
- The Barres are marked 6.5 ft. apart and Center Floor Decals are marked 7.5ft. apart for social distance.
- All barres & touched surfaces will be wiped down in between every class.
- The studio will be thoroughly cleaned nightly.
- The bathrooms will be in use for emergency only and cleaning materials will be available for older students to wipe down after use and cleaned throughout the day
- Student assistants/teachers will wipe down after use by young ones.
- ALL CDC protocol will be followed by both HWSD and Artcie
- All upstairs windows will remain open for ventilation right now per request of BOH Chair of Hamilton even with AC/Heat on. PLEASE bring DANCE SWEATERS to class
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Face Masks and Coverings: To slow the spread of COVID-19, all program staff are to wear a cloth face covering while serving children and interacting with parents and families.
Welcome to The Hamilton Wenham School of Dance: Our Annual School year 10 month program runs from September to June with a year end performance for our performing classes. Since 1991, HWSD has offered quality dance programs for age 3.5 – Grade 12. Adult programs are also available. The HWSD student base draws from 8+ towns and surrounding areas from public, private schools as well as home school students. It takes many hours of preparation to create our schedule. Each year our program and schedule is subject to change in days and times. We have the HWSD Schedule up in early to mid-summer for the future season so that families will be aware of the commitment to the dance classes students are enrolled in for upcoming school year.
HWSD is an ANNUAL School Year 10 Month Program where all classes begin in September and run the full school year. Dance is a progressive art. Class attendance is essential for technique skills to progress safely and correctly and for the class to have continuity and consistency to progress as an ensemble. Fairness to the entire group is of utmost importance. The majority of our students enroll in September and continue thru to performance time in June. We do prorate some students in who may discover our program after we begin, new to the area, new to dance or an existing student who may want to add a genre. There may be enrollment requiremets for late enrollment (see below) Class is also our “rehearsal” time as we begin to prepare for performance. From return of February break on our classes combine our technique learning portion of class along with choreography/prep time for the performance pieces.
Please contact the studio and email us at [email protected] should a student have to miss class due to illness or mandatory school/ family commitment. Students are allowed to do “make-ups” within ONE MONTH of the original absence for ILLNESS, INJURY, MANDATORY FAMILY and/or SCHOOL/or GRADED REQUIRED COMMITMENTS & SNOW DAYS in the grade level lower: or teacher approved class: or another genre (appropriate level)
No “make-ups” after February break. Please *NOTE: Other “activities” Sports, Drama, Clubs, other lessons are NOT considered mandatory commitments. PLEASE DO NOT DOUBLE BOOK or overlap times for your student on dance class day. For fairness to all, students will not be allowed to consistently arrive late, leave early, miss class, or do makeups as a replacement for unexcused absences/double booking. Thank you
LATE ENROLLMENT POLICIES
Creative Movement Students can be prorated enrollment closes April 1st
GRADE K – GRADE 12: (note: Registration closes Jan. 31st. ) There will be a registration fee of $30 for any registration after classes begin in September. NOTE REGISTRATION FEE WAIVED 2020 * Note Registration Permanently Closes by Jan. 31. Should a Late enrolled student in Ballet for Kindergarten thru Grade 2 need extra instruction, HWSD may require privates to catch them up to class. This is at the instructors discretion.
GRADE 3 – GRADE 12: NEW Students enrolling after the month September until Oct. 31 are required to do the following to be able to enroll in their grade level/appropriate classes:
- Take three 45 minute privates subject to teacher availability or take four classes in a lower level to keep up with technique if offered
GRADE 3 – GRADE 12: For NEW students enrolling after October 31 until registration closes January 15 who are NEW to HWSD or are current students adding and or changing genres are required to do the following:
- Take a series of four to six 45 minute privates subject to teacher availability and discretion, while at the same time be enrolled and attend the grade/level of the ensemble class the student is entering: The student may require more depending on progression of ability.
- $45 for $45 minute privates: See REGISTRATION page for more info regarding semi privates
- Students NEW to HWSD LATE POINTE enrollment is by audition and placement only
RECITAL OBLIGATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
All students must attend DRESS REHEARSAL (see Calendar Page ) as it is our also our Technical Rehearsal for lighting, sound, music, blocking, spacing, photography. Your child’s attendance at Dress Rehearsal is essential to the fairness of the entire class rehearsal. This is student’s opportunity to see the performance from the auditorium, support fellow dancers, experience other genres and levels of dance in our program. It only happens once a year and is a wonderful exciting experience. Students are counting on each other as it is their only rehearsal time on the actual stage. NOTICES will be sent by EMAIL in late April/early May regarding Recital Information: Only one parent of students in K-Gr. 2 are allowed at Dress Rehearsal: Please NO small children as it is very busy in the auditorium: Dress Rehearsal is closed to all parents of students Grade 3-12: We will have Helpers with HWSD on that day. NO Photography/Cell Phone use in the Auditorium at Dress Rehearsal or Performance.
All Payment to HWSD are by CHECK only: made payable to The Hamilton Wenham School of Dance. No refunds are given except in cases of withdrawal from a class after three weeks from the start of the classes in September. Refunds or any Credit towards classes will be given in case of long term injury, illness with note of Doctor. NOTE: HWSD reserves the right to dissolve a class if it does not meet class size criteria of a minimum of four/five students and has to be cancelled, a refund will be made. If class registration is too small, classes may be merged if levels are appropriate. As stated above on this page, should HWSD be required to close down at any time due to COVID, credit only be issued towards any and all programs at HWSD once allowed to re open again. All class payments and costume fees must be paid in full in order to receive costumes and perform in recital. Costumes are non-returnable and non-refundable.
ILLNESS/INJURY & LIABILITY
Please notify Director Donna J. Viau if a student has any physical and/or other limitations that may prevent them from fully participating in class. Students must be FEVER free without meds for 72 hours in order to return to classes. A Doctor’s note is required stating the student is safe to return to class if a student is out under a doctor’s care or more or that of an injury. The Hamilton Wenham School of Dance and/or instructors are not liable for personal injury in any way, loss/damage to personal property to any students/visitors or persons on the premises of HWSD
WEATHER & Other Closing information
THE HAMILTON WENHAM SCHOOL OF DANCE DOES NOT FOLLOW THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS IN REGARDS TO WEATHER or certain Holiday closures. We are an independent private business and weather in each town varies. In regards to weather, you will be notified regarding classes by email. There will be updated messages on our Facebook page stating classes are underway. I will try my best for Families to also receive an email stating any changes “hopefully” by 2:00. Students are allowed to do a makeup for a class missed due to weather or illness by trying another genre approved by the Director or being notified by the director what classes are available in the missed genre. ALL makeups due to weather or illness must be done prior to Feb. Break. We do not close for school meetings or elections when school buildings are in use. Check Calendar Page for other dates pertaining to HWSD
Photos/Videos of student dance from Hamilton Wenham School of Dance may be used for internet, promotional/advertising purposes only ie. Facebook and Web page. No names will be listed. Please notify HWSD Director otherwise.